Thursday, July 26, 2012

Indoor rock climbing

Cubs had a change of venue last night - Nunawading Indoor Climbing Gym. With a car load of 5 kids (cubs, scouts and siblings) I headed off for a night of belaying and supervision.

The entire group had a ball and generally did better than the previous time they went. Patrick, Angus and Owen seem to have inherited my monkey genes! Patrick really challenged himself last night and did very well. Angus and Owen both showed no fear and scaled vertical walls with ease.

I used to love indoor climbing, but last September when I went with Scouts I hurt my wedding ring finger and only put my wedding ring back on this week. It felt like I'd torn something when it happened and I was so disappointed. Indoor climbing was something I used to do regularly BC. Maybe I'll be able to try it again next time the kids go.

They all had a great (late) night and I was cruising home just after 10pm with a car load of kids. That's how I roll :)

No comments: