Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Full weekend

With the family in Sydney for the winter school holidays, I had last weekend to myself. What a treat!

Friday after work I headed down to Richmond Union Bowling Club to have a pot with the locals before heading to the Spread Eagle Hotel on Bridge Rd for EOFY drinks courtesy of the work social club. And as a bonus I even scored a lift all the way home from a work colleague!

Saturday was an early start as I joined a mate at Vermont South Bowls Club as he facilitated a pre-season coaching session. Good roll up and it's always nice catching up with the VS crew.

From there it was up to Menzies Creek for a lovely lunch overlooking the Cardinia Reservoir from the decks at Dave and Carmel's. Great afternoon, awesome food and top company.

Saturday night I headed to Etihad Stadium to watch St Kilda smash the Bombers with Franca, in the Medallion Club seats courtesy of work. After such a wonderful day it ended terribly with a public transport SNAFU on the way home. Oh well, that's public transport for you.

An even earlier start on Sunday saw Peter and myself heading to Brighton where we rode the bike path to Port Melbourne and back before enjoying a coffee afterwards. With our ride done and dusted we made it back to Upwey in time to join the Sunday morning crew at the bowls club. After a friendly game of triples it was off home for a rest!

I managed a nap for a couple of hours before dinner, whipped up some dinner then relaxed while watching some tv. Phew! I told you it was a full weekend.

Looking forward to bringing the family home next weekend.

No comments: