Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Venturer Leader training

After having a discussion with the District Venturer Leader and the District Commissioner, 1st Upwey has decided to embark upon the journey of running a Venturer unit! Just how this will occur will become more apparent in the coming weeks, but the first thing we need to do is get some leaders trained up.

Enter...me! I've just completed the online section of my basic training and once I take delivery of the Venturer Scout Handbook in the next few days, I'll be able to complete the Venturer specific component of the online training and get down to business!

One of our Cub Leaders is also going to join me and we're both really excited about the whole she-bang. We'll start visiting local units to see see how they operate and pick the eyes out of their processes and programs. Can't wait.

No comments: