Sunday, July 10, 2011

Car-less

Not until you are truly car-less do you fully comprehend just how much you rely on it. Living as far as we do from the CBD and having access to little adequate public transport for local trips, a car is a must.

With the family in Sydney for the school holidays I am car-less. It's no real hassle as I get the train to work 3-4 days a week normally so 5 days a week isn't that much of a stretch. Where I do notice it is the weekends. I'm very lucky that a bunch of my lawn bowling mates are very helpful in picking me up and dropping me off for bowling engagements, and I'm very appreciative. However, outside of that I find myself walking a lot. Main St for milk, train station fir a trip to town and so on.

It's great to get out and about on foot, but I miss the convenience of a car. Only one more week.

No comments: