Monday, July 13, 2009

Back home

We managed to make he trip home in one journey this time - with no break in Holbrook.

This was a decision made on the spur of the moment, as we cruised through the southern extremities of Sydney and beyond. We polled the kids, and those that could provide feedback were all for it, so we made for home.

An extra 6-8 days a year travelling and about $1000 p.a. in accommodation costs (not to mention the other incidentals incurred) makes for an expensives trip 3-4 times a year. The break is sometimes a good idea, but in my opinion it has so many drawbacks I'd prefer not to - as long as the rest of the family agree.

If I was the only one who wanted to make the trip in one go - I don't think I'd be too popular!

Anyway, we're home now and back in th groove.

No comments: